Happy August Trainers!
Get ready for (in our opinion) a great Community Day 👊
Magikarp Community Day
Magikarp will finally have its day on Saturday, August 8th, from 11am – 5pm local time.
Community Day Specifics
As we know, Magikarp will be discovered more frequently in the wild, and SHINY Magikarp will have a possibility of spawning.
Here are some additional details of importance:
- Take a few snapshots of your Magikarp for an extra surprise
- Evolve Magikarp during the event or up to 2 hours afterwards to get a Gyarados that learns ‘Aqua Tail’
- Special Community Box will be available that includes 30 ultra balls, an elite charged TM, 6 star pieces and an incense.
- Event exclusive Field research that gives extra Magikarp candy
- Exclusive Special Research ‘Making a Splash’ with Professor Willow
If you are participating in August Community Day, it will be a good strategy to keep all your Magikarp until the Sableeye Spotlight hour on Tuesday, August 11th, 2020 to maximize double candy. (Outside of evolving to Gyarados to receive ‘Aqua Tail’ during the event)
Check out our post about all the August Spotlight Hours for more information.
Community Day Bonuses
- 3x Candy Stardust
- Incense activated during the event will last 3 hours
Good Luck Trainers!
Make sure to take advantage of the Magikarp Community Day! Be sure to show us your shinies by tagging us over on social 👇